A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I want you to know


I am going to have to do something I don't really want to do. I am removing my "Followers" widget on my blog. I am sorry if this offends anyone. There are some followers on my blog, that I don't want any link back to their blogs. I don't approve AT ALL, and even wonder why they would come here ? I can tell by their blogs that we are not all like-minded on anything ? I hope you will all understand, the other option would to go private, invitation only. Just thought you should know..
~~deby
and btw...the previous picture and this one is from AUTUMN a couple of years ago. I haven't taken current pictures yet. I just like these ! I have not decorated yet this year. My husband will get the box out of storage soon. He has been working so much....it will happen. I just love this time of year.

7 comments:

Vi Abing said...

God bless you for taking a stand. I understand fully. I love the picture even if it was from a year ago. Fall is such a wonderful array of God's glory portrayed in his creation. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's not a problem for me. (o:
But... if you go private, I would love an invitation! (I started blogging again. Come and visit me if you have time.)

Sharon said...

I understand what you mean Deby, but you never know if God sent them your way to feed them and convict them of their sinful ways.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely photos Deby.

I understand about your decision.

Mo said...

I totally agree with your decision...I may be fixing to do it myself....for the same reason.

Kristi said...

Love the photos! And I don't blame you for the follower thing. I never really liked that to begin with. And I don't even know how to check out the ones that follow me. As far as I know I don't follow anyone. I just have my favorites I visit. I've also been toying with the idea of inviation only for a while. Sad to say it's because of people that say they're Christian and just taunt me and critisize everything I do on my blog. It's very disturbing. No matter what I post, they comment something negative and sometimes very ugly. I don't post their comments, but it's really causing me to consider invitation only.

~Kristi

Clara said...

I just hopped over here from another blog, and I thought you might like to know that there is a way to block "followers" whose blogs you don't approve of, so they won't be visible in your followers box - on your dashboard you click the word "23 followers" (or however many), and you get taken to a page where you can click on the names of the followers and check them out, and then you have an option to block them so they are not visible and they cannot interact with your other followers.
Just thought you might like to know :) I have done it many many times - I try to go there regularly and block followers who have offensive content on their profile or blog.