Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Don't look at the back of them.
I am not the best stitcher out there but,
I do ENJOY doing them
I have a reason for posting them....
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
just for the hugs and seeing them.
We miss them, living so far away.
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups brown sugar,packed
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup margerine(butter) melted...
1 can WHOLE cranberry sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT cranberry sauce to form crumbs.
Reserve a heaping 1 1/2 cups of crumbs.
Press reaminder into UN-greased 13x9x2 pan.
Spoon and spread cranberry sauce over crumbs in pan.....Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and press gently.
Bake 20-30 minutes.....COOL....Cut into bars ...store in refrigerator. In my oven these take 35 mintues.
NOW...they are delicious when warm with vanilla ice-cream...trust me
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I have see this go around and thought I would join in.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags - I love the EASE of Gift bags...but do both
2. Real tree or artificial - FAKE...and proud of it.. no mess..reusable and can put it up early
3. When do you put up the tree - EARLY--love the lights, the ambiance,this year 2nd week in November
4. When do you take the tree down - Right after Christmas, most of the time
5. Do you like egg nog - Light Egg nog in Coffee
6. Favorite gift recieved as a child - at 5 years of age, my BRIDE doll
7. Hardest person to buy for - no problems anymore, gift cards..easy and they love it
8. Easiest person to buy for - Daughter, Missy
9. Do you have a nativity scene - Several ,tasteful
10. Mail or email Christmas cards - MAIL ..want one, I have some left email me your address
11. Worst Christmas gift ever - Can't remember, probably RE-GIFTED IT
12. Favorite Christmas movie - I am changing this to the Walton's Christmas specials and Little House on the Prairie Christmas specials..or some sappy Hallmark Movie... I had forgotten about the first two ...oops...
13. When do you start your christmas shopping -ALL year to include Thrift Shops and yard sales...hey got a great NEW Yankee candle for $1.00
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present - OH YES...think it is a wise thing to do
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas -Mexican Wedding Cookies or Lemon Bars (hint for Kristi) or..or..or..
16. Lights on the tree - Yes. This year multi colored
17. Favorite Christmas song - Oh Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home - We travel now that we have grandchildren but really prefer to stay home
19. Can you name all of Santas reindeer- NOPE---how about Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree or star - Star. I don't care for those female "angel" doll characters... that is not how the Bible describes angels at all.
21. Open presents Christmas eve or Christmas- One present Christmas Eve, usually new jammies
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year - people who say *Happy Holidays* also not enough cashiers ..knowing there are MORE drunk drivers on the road.
23. Favorite ornament theme color - no favorites ...love a bit of this and that
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner - anything I don't have to cook
25. What do you want for Christmas this year - my honey already knows
26. Who is most likely to respond to this - not sure if you do let me know, I will visit you
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I love her. I so appreciate the workmanship
involved in handmade thing.
She is so sweet...and pink !!!
She has a spot of prominence on my tree.
I do think I am going to keep her out after Christmas.
She is a reminder to me to listen to the Lord
when HE tells me to do such and such for someone.
My friend, Rose, listened and her gift was exactly what I needed that day.
ALSO...when I got her, I teared up...
my husband said: " I see a blog post coming"
I think he's got me figured out, that sweet guy of mine.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
These two days went by TOO FAST
Friday, December 5, 2008
Another favorite CHILI
Homemade chili, I make a taco soup that is like chili
boy is it good , HOT....
They remind me of this scripture:
So then because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spue thee out of my mouth.
I pray that I am not a lukewarm Christian,
it is my earnest prayer.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
You know the Atheists or others can pick their own day. Why is this allowed ???? IT is a shame to our country. IF we did this on a holiday that other middle eastern religions celebrate , can you imagine the world wide comments.
Washington State is one of the most UNCHURCHED states in the country. It is either #1 or #2. Are you looking for a mission field ???? Well, there is one right here in our own country, good old Latte' land, home of Starbucks and Microsoft. We need church planters here, we need pastors willing to help in this state. My state, needs PRAYER and in the meantime...please feel free to call the Governor. Her name is Christine Gregoire and her number is 360 902-4111. Be polite. Or email her here (thanks Cathy)
oh my, this is shameful. I am embarrassed to be a citizen of Washington State.
I will not publish comments that disagree with my post. My blog is my blog and I love the Lord and will pray, just thought you all should know.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
You BOLD the ones you HAVE done, think I will change the color
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang/played a solo
11. Bungee jumped(NEVER WANT TO)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables(tomatoes in Italy, and basil)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort--I've built lots of snow people but never a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (stupid teenager)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse--I always intend to do this and then end up forgetting.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied..WORKING on this, matter of the heart
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted--I haven't, but my animals have! (o;
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies? ate my share too
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason, Saturday from my husband
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (Dachau, very sobering)
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--Bride doll
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt,learning now
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job...no I quit first :-(
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle,my husband's in our foolish days.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem-----No but Ephesus, Tarsus, Antioch
84. Had your picture in the newspaper,.. engagement announcement
85. Read the entire Bible...finished this year, only 3rd time thus far.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
89. Saved someone’s life...by leading them to the Lord, and therefore having eternal life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one.....yes 4 dear family members are in heaven in the past 4 1/2 years
94. Made a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Now if you do this let me know so I can visit yours
Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
So Be It!
THE LAW IS THE LAW
So " if " the US government determines that it is against the
law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then,
so be it.
And " if " that same government decides that the
are not to be used in or on a
government installation, then,
so be it.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a
law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that
smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the
American public's best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings ,
employees should participate in the
Easter and Christmas
celebrations which honor the God
that our government
is eliminating from many facets of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter.
I'd like the "US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as
well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives
to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break."
I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved,
work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week
I think that our government should work on Sundays
it should be just another day....
What do you all think????
If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected
officials will stop giving in to the "minority opinions"
and begin, once again, to represent the "majority"
of ALL of the American people.
SO BE IT...........
Please Dear Lord,
Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!
'Amen' and 'Amen'
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I am almost finished reading my Bible through in a year. I did speed it up so I would be done early. I think this is the best way I have ever done it. It is easy to use and creates it's own bookmarks and you mark off the boxes everyday. This college, Faith Baptist Bible College ,offers them for free. Click here to order yours, you can also order multiples. It sure has been a great way to get through the WORD......Deby
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Step by step...oh this is fun. I hand sewed it, which I loved.
Rose has such a gentle, kind way she radiates her love of the Lord.
She is an example to me.
Do you notice the China ?
She uses it EVERYDAY
I think that fact alone affected me so much.
Life is short
USE YOUR CHINA
or....... Whatever you are *saving*
A collage she made from cards and this and that
hanging in her bathroom. I love it.
This was the best time that I have had since we have moved here.
I felt like I was in a Grace Livingston Hill book.
My husband and her beloved husband talked for hours, they *clicked* too.
Ladies, this was more of a last minute type invitation,
we had leftovers, her house was not immaculate,time flew
the sweetness of her home and her
were an example to me.
We were there over 6 hours
It seemed like minutes.
I came home with a quilt block done(another post)
I came home with scraps for another
then last night at church she found some more fabric scraps that she thought I would like.
I am so thankful
Rose, an example of a Proverbs 31 woman.
I have much to learn
Praying the Lord will provide a Rose for you too.
You will be blessed.
btw...giveaway is just down a couple posts.
Today is the last day..I will pick names later.