A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Thursday, August 6, 2009

others

My sister, Lisa and her 5 delightful
children are here.
This is her youngest...
Nehemiah sure does love his Uncle.
We aren't their grandparents
but
have sort of stepped a bit into
that role....they don't have any grandparents
anymore.
I do believe, whether family or not
the Lord provides others to come into
your life where you take on roles....or *they* take on roles.
I have a few *mothers*, sort of at church.
My husband has our neighbor, Larry that he treats
like a father......
I am so so thankful for all that my sister is
doing for me....tomorrow I see the foot doctor.
I am hoping that he will explain a bit more to me,
I am not very *patient*
~~deby

7 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Nehemiah and your husband sure do look comfy together ~ sweet picture!

Hope your dr. appointment tomorrow goes well. I'll be praying!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love how God "places the lonely in families."

Nehemiah reminds me of my Kyle. Sweet!

Becky K. said...

You blessed me with this post. Since our Dads are gone, I always appreciate when men their age show an interest in our children. It helps to fill that gaping hole in their lives.

Your sister must feel similarly for your love in her children's lives.

Becky K.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet post.....Thank You sis!!!

Martha said...

Trust you have a wonderful visit. Praying for you.
Blessings,
~Martie

Susan B said...

Nehemiah sure is a sweetie! I hope you have good visit with your sister. Praying for your doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Abounding Treasures said...

What a great photo and how wonderful that you and your husband sort of fill the role of grandparents to your delightful nieces and nephews!

Praying that your appt goes well and you learn all you need to know as you patiently wait to heal :o)

Blessings!