A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Autumn at my house

This picture does not do justice to the way the sun hit
the leaves on these trees yesterday morning.
(oops, didn't CROP out my finger)


This is what my desk looks like these days.
Many pumpkins need painting.There are two fall breadcloths that were sewn when my sister Lisa, was here. There is a book there, that I am slowly
plugging away at filling in the blanks.
sorry for this underlining, I don't know how that happened...I will blame it on blogger!

GOODWILL, treasure.
Well at least to me.
Cost:
$2.99

A little closer.
I counted up this morning.
Within 1/2 hour radius of my home
there are
16 THRIFT SHOPS

My entry.
I bought this little pine dresser
off of Craig's list.
My intention was to paint it
WHITE, of course.
It is in such good shape,
I just don't know.
I LOVE, love, love
WHITE PAINTED FURNITURE
if you have a treasure that you are selling,
cheap and it would break your heart IF you heard it was
painted white, don't even tell me.
I make NO PROMISES.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Just a bit of Autumn from my home
~~deby

10 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Deby

I love your fall touches.

As to the furniture painting - I say "go for it!" Don't feel guilty painting wood. I painted my great grandmothers hutch (it was a mass produced piece of furniture) and it is 100 times better now than unpainted!

Aliene said...

Love your Autumn pictures. Did you intend for us to look for your finger that you did not crop off?
lol Can't find it!

Sharon said...

Yes! Paint it white!!! You have been busy on making those pumpkins! They are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed viewing your Autumn photos.

The first photo is my favorite. I like how the mist and sun are combined together to make a very impressionable photo . . . and I don't even see part of your finger. :)

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Susan said...

I love how fall is looking at your house! :) I like to look at old furniture that's been painted white, but I haven't had the courage to try it yet. Someday I'll have to do that!

Barbara said...

Love your fall look, I did not see your finger either, hugs yeah paint it white, always love fresh painted items, makes them look new, hugs my friend, Barbara

Rochelle said...

Very nice! Love the Good Will treasure and painted pumpkins! And I couldn't help but giggle at your "oops, didn't crop out my finger". :) Ohhh it's okay, we all do that. Adds something to it. :)

Angela Roberts said...

Love your blog. I saw it listed at the top of my cousin's favorite blogs list. No wonder she likes it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deby,
How pretty. We have had fall weather here all week. So very nice.
Enjoy your week end.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

HOPE said...

I just PAINTED and old bookcase...WHITE! and sanded the edges to give it the shabby look. I put it to the side of my WHITE fridg near my dining area with a little lamp and now it's a cozy spot.

Amazing the transformation in WHITE.

Happy Fall
HOPE