A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Thursday, February 5, 2009

a shop of *lovelies*

This is a favorite shop of mine in my town.
Sometimes you can find a REAL bargain
other times it is just fun to browse.
Better yet is when you can find the same type things
at Goodwill or a yard sale.

Sometimes all it takes is a plate on the wall,
putting your sugar in an unusual container
to add a lovely touch to your home.
Oh I could fit in one of these plates, on a wall.
I didn't though

Just thought these were simple but so lovely?
Just a light-hearted browse through one of my favorite local stores.
I asked the owner if I could take pictures.
I think that is the polite thing to do.
~~deby

9 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

What a nice shop, I sure could waste some time in there!

Deborah said...

Very pretty! I'd sure hate to dust it though!

Linda said...

We have a lovely, little shop like that just down the street from our house. I love to just look around, as you've done. I sometimes think she had me in mind when she stocked the shelves:-)
I agree, one lovely little piece can brighten your home.

Debbie said...

That is a nice shop. Too bad it's so far away. I see some things I'd like to have:)
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hello there! I've been away for a week and have had so much fun this evening catching up with all of you! LOVED those plates! They wouldn't "fit" or "belong" in my rustic decor but my mom sure wouldn't mind them in her victorian home!

GraceFromHim said...

Looks like it is a fun place to shop! I love roses :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

All I see is breakables....Maybe once the kids are grown I will look at them as lovelies...

Love Ya Lovely SiS....

BECKY said...

Oh, so many pretties!! It's about time for me to head to one of my favorite local spots!!
Thanks for sharing one of yours!
Blessings,
Becky

Abounding Treasures said...

A spot for an enjoyable, leisure browse ... I wouldn't want to be dusting all those *pretties* in that store, that's for sure :o)

Glad you're getting lots of sleep and that your cough is a bit better!