A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grace Livingston Hill

I got this from a list that I am on and I KNOW a few of you will
Appreciate these and understand.
For the rest of you....you need to read her books
You know you love Grace Livingston Hill books when...
...you know that if you had to, you could make a dress from scratch in one afternoon.
...you would sell one of your children for the first edition of the Esselstynes.
...you wonder what it would be like to be kissed reverently.
...you've considered naming a child Pansy, Marigold, or Amorelle.
...you know that you could move your family into a barn and like it.
...you know that you've met the love of your life when he tells you he saw you once as a child, you smiled at him, and you changed his life with that smile.
...you know the difference between being a Christian and being a church member.
...you know the best thing for an invalid to eat is a fragment of a chicken breast,
some delicately browned toast, and a nice cup of tea.
...you wonder if you have the nerve to appear in public without a hint of makeup or
lipstick but with a natural blush to your cheeks.
...you wish you had hair that naturally waved...and you would never dare think of bobbing your hair.
...you believe every child should have a Scottish nurse.
...you spend a lot of time looking up Scripture verses because there was no chapter or verse listed.
...a dinner is just not a dinner without slivered almonds.
...you spend a lot of time looking at the covers of the books, thinking,
"Do they really look the way Grace described?"
...finding a book you don't remember reading is like finding a treasure.
...you get to Heaven, you might bypass beloved family and friends to get to Grace first.
...you know that no matter what happens, you'll always have God...and your furniture
that has been handed down through generations.
...you also believe that somewhere down the line you have a rich family member who will die
and leave you an inheritance, perhaps even a Scottish castle!
...you read a book, realize you did not read anything about a bathroom, and silently thank God for running water.
...you can make a Bethlehem out of a few items you can buy at a five and dime.
...you believe that a little gray haired lady could have a baby of three or five.
...you truly believe that milk and crackers
would be a good lunch
Hope that you enjoyed these

8 comments:

Theresa's Notes said...

I LOVE the new look.

Cherish the Home said...

This was cute! I've only read one GLH but look forward to reading more. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is cute!

J-ME said...

Oh, Deby, I love Grace L Hill! I haven't read any in a long time, but my mom has some that I have never read, so perhaps someday when I need an escape, I will dig one out. Thanks for sharing this.

Lady of the house said...

How true these are. I do so enjoy a wholesome GLH read once in a while. My only complaint with the books are the modern covers on some of the paperback versions. If I were to ever purchase any of these, I'm sure I'd find a picture online and promptly re-cover the book.

~~Deby said...

Theresa,
Thank you..I love it so much too.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Mrs. B
I will see what *I* can do about that....there are over 100 I think
~*~*~*~*~*~*
Michelle,
I thought so too....glad you liked it
~*~*~*~*~*~
Jamie,
Oh I just love her...for my birthday I got a box of over 99...some are doubles from an estate sale....
~*~*~*~*~*~
Lady,
I KNOW what you mean. I did get a huge box from a Estate sale of the old hardbounds..I think ONE is a original first printing..then you get to use your imagination without the covers on the front.

Unknown said...

Oh I did love these! I read her books all during my teen years and would read them over and over again! I read one about a year ago actually!

Anonymous said...

This is a great little blog that includes lots of little tidbits about the GLH books...enjoy!
http://neatanddaintyasaflower.blogspot.com/