A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Monday, December 3, 2007

Season Reminder

Yesterday,my husband had choir practice before the evening service
(which was wonderful..my pastor spoke on quenching the Holy Spirit)
Well..it gave me time to do few errands.
It was pouring and windy and dark outside
I was thinking as I was backing up my car, BE Careful.
This car truly can be a weapon thatcan UN-intentionally DO HARM.
Then it occured to me that I NEED to pray more,
every time before I drive.
For some of you that is a given..a habit, you always do.
I admit 'I forget"

SO........as a reminder for those of you in blogland:
*Pray before you drive.
*Pay attention, there are more cars on the road this time of year.
*Remember some are driving intoxicated, drive defensively.
*Many are rushed and pre-occupied (truly on things that DO NOT MATTER)
*Slow down
*Remember WHY you choose to celebrate this SEASON.....
*You are taking Jesus with you, IF you are saved....Let your LET SHINE as a believer !
*DO NOT say Happy Holidays.....
*Merry Christmas, with a smile and a tract is nice and a better gift.
*Pray before you buy
*Will this end up in a Thrift Store for someone else to buy ?????
AND Again...
**PRAY before you drive.**


13 comments:

Theresa's Notes said...

That is a very good post! Thanks for the reminder.

Maxine said...

Good reminder, Deby. Everybody is so distracted this time of year and now we have the added problem of the elements. And yes, many people are having their Christmas parties and have been drinking. It's a dangerous time and well as a joyous time! And for sure, let's say "Merry Christmas" instead of the other choices we see all around us. and not "X"mas!

Mimi said...

great reminder Deby..thanks.........
it is so east to get distracted ourselves......and the weather conditions in your neck of the woods add to the problems of driving...
thanks for making us think......
AND PRAY>>>>>>>>>

Cherish the Home said...

An excellent reminder!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good reminders dear!

Cathy said...

Very good reminder Deby. I need to do that. Thanks.

TO BECOME said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement and reminders. We all need them time to time. Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend. connie from Texas

candy said...

Just wanted to pop by finally to say Hi and thank you for always thinking of me while Ive not been bloggin lately. I appreciate that :) Thank you!
I hope your doing well. How is your brother doing?

Candy :)

Pen of Jen said...

Very good...makes me think of a song...Did you Think to Pray
Ere you left your room this morning,
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior,
Did you sue for loving favor,
As a shield today?

Refrain

O how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day;
So when life seems dark and dreary,
Don’t forget to pray.

When you met with great temptation,
Did you think to pray?
By His dying love and merit,
Did you claim the Holy Spirit
As your guide and stay?

Refrain

When your heart was filled with anger,
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace, my brother,
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way?

Refrain

When sore trials came upon you,
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was bowed in sorrow,
Balm of Gilead did you borrow
At the gates of day?

Refrain

Unknown said...

That is a good reminder, thanks for that, something I forget often.

Jordin said...

Excellent reminders! Thank you!

I've been so bothered by the "Happy Holidays" everywhere. I passed a church sign yesterday that said "Happy Holidays". :( I hope it was phrased like that just to include Thanksgiving and New Years. I hope. I still think a Merry Christmas would've been more appropriate!

Anonymous said...

Deby,
Great Post. Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

~katie~ said...

Thank you for this message - seems like it's something that we take for granted, but yes - we do need to pray!!