A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rag quilt from my sister


This quilt was made by my sister, Trudy for my birthday. She sent it to her daughter, Michelle. When we were on vacation, Michelle gave it to me. I love it !!! It is like getting a (((HUG))) from her !

Here it is again...Just had to share it with you. I love handmade gifts.
.....and since Thanksgiving is just around the corner this is one of my favorite verses on thankfulness:
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
~*~*~*~*~*~

I have to admit, I don't always do so good in the area of being thankful for everything.
I do know, it is God's will for me to be thankful for everything. I have to work on this, I think we all do. We are busy here, and yes, surgery is right around the corner. I am nervous. Not sure when I will check in.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving...
~~deby

12 comments:

Trudy said...

Thanks for all the nice words about your quilt, it makes me feel good to know you really like it.
Love you,
Trudy

Sharon said...

praying for your surgery. Hope you have an easy time of recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh Deby, you are gonna love it. My daughter has made me two thus far and they are so nice to snuggle up in. Just like a hug, as you said!♥

Sharon said...

AND I LOVE THE QUILT!!!!

La Tea Dah said...

Deby, the quilt is absolutely beautiful! I love the vibrant colors and how she bordered it in green. Enjoy!

Tracy said...

The quilt is very pretty, and I know, very dear to you. Your sister did a lovely job!

I pray that your surgery goes well, Deby.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

How lovely, Deby!

What a special gift!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh sister! The colors are so lovely in that dear quilt!

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

Praying that your surgery and recover go well ...

Your sister made you a beautiful quilt and how you must treasure it and the memories of time spent together as youngsters :o)

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is lovely ~ and being made with love for you makes it even more special.

Happy Thanksgiving to you ~ and praying for you now for your surgery.

Blessings, Deby,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

The quilt she made you was beautiful, you are very blessed to have sisters who do such lovely things for you. (o:

Praying that your surgery and recovery go well and I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. (o:

Maxine said...

So lovely. I didn't know about your surgery, Deby. I guesss I've been a bit out of touch, but will put you down for prayer.

Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed by the Lord.