A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I would wear a hat


Today I saw this picture I had saved. I can't tell
you where I got it, but it sure put a smile on my face.It just looks appealing to me. I don't think it is the aspect of wanting to
"take-off "or "runaway" but just to feel the GLEE that these two ladies do.
I wouldn't want to do something irresponsible,
just maybe a little lighted-hearted jaunt or even a little road trip with a friend. I don't think I would even need a map,
I do like the thought of a convertible....maybe even a hat.
Yes, I would need a hat as my hair would be a MeSs !!! I just think it looks fun, that is all. I have VERY fond memories as a child of lots of road trips.
I have great memories as a wife, mother and as a empty nester,sister and friend.
Yes my life has consisted of many,many,many hours on the road.
Many days on the road.I Hope the Lord allows some more, if not, that is okay. I will smile at pictures and cherish memories.....
~~deby

10 comments:

Susan said...

I like it too! I think the appeal for me is just to be a happy, healthy, cheerful older lady! ;) I don't want to be sour. I had a Sunday school teacher when I was in 7th grade who taught us that we can determine how we'll be as old ladies by what we "preserve" ourselves with. Sweet things in our hearts will make us sweet like jam; sour things in our hearts will make us sour like pickles. I've never forgotten that!

We've spent a lot of time on the road too, both with the military and now with the ministry. I enjoy going somewhere, but I'd rather be at home now. Who knows, though - when there are little ones living far away I might just decide I like traveling! ;)

Kristi said...

They do look like they're having fun, huh? LOL And memories are wonderful. The other night we were driving with the windows down and I remembered being a child and mom and dad wanting to take a drive around town in the cool night. It would be too cold for me so I'd end up in the floor board or snuggled under daddy's jacket. LOL

~Kristi

Barbara said...

Yeppers it does look like fun, and like you we had taken many road trips, we were Missionaries to Small churches for years, and wow the tales I could tell, hugs my friend, Barbara

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love that picture!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am a hat kind of gal!

I love road trips! When we were doing missions work we were on the road a lot! I miss going places!

Vi Abing said...

I love those old Rockwell type pictures. Now that I'm getting older it is just wonderful to get a chuckle out of the simpler things in life. Love you lots Deby. Vi

~katie~ said...

Very very cute! May we all be that zealous for the Lord! :-) Thanks for sharing! Praying you are feeling well these days!

Aliene said...

Deby, if you go to Fundamentalbc.com you will see our church. Go to media and I think you will find messages from camp last year and a couple from our pastor. Also you can check out the music. We are anxiously waiting for next week.

Rochelle said...

What a great picture! They look so happy... ahh to feel like that every day would truly be priceless.

It's been a while since I've heard from you; how are you doing these days? I miss our little chats between blogs. I hope we can catch up more soon. You've always been a blessing and inspiration to me!

HOPE said...

Oh I love it Deby!! I CAN see me and a dear friend of mine doing this...responsibly though!! maybe not quite as fast..LOL.

My dear friend is a missionary and we only get to be together once every so many YEARS so when we do..this would be us! Yep..memories.

Thanks for sharing...
and for your sweet and thougthful comment and prayers. You are a true friend..
HOPE